This page is a printable version of: http://www.barkingdagenhamccg.nhs.uk/Local-services/mental-health-services.htm
Date: 20 April 2019
One in four people will experience a mental health issue at some point in their lives. We commission a range of support to help people manage and recover from their illness.
Work stress, relationship or money worries, feeling low or difficulty sleeping?
Talking Therapies is a free and confidential NHS service which provides support from people who understand what you are experiencing. The expert team will work with you to find the best treatment just for you, and give you effective tools and techniques that are proven to work.
We’ve helped thousands of people who were experiencing the exact same feelings as you and they have said this service has helped them feel better:
“I’ve come a long way in a short amount of time, it’s changed my life.” Patient Melissa Miles.
“I feel much better now. My sessions with the therapist were really practical.” Patient Lauren Barrett
If you or anyone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis call 0300 555 1000 any time of the day or night. This free, confidential helpline provides expert help, advice and support when you need it most.
Other services provided include:
• specialist hospital and community-based treatment and care for people experiencing severe mental illness
• help for children and young people with emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties
• care for people with dementia
• specialist care for people with learning disabilities
• support for people with problems associated with drug and alcohol misuse.
Mental Health Services in the London boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge are provided by North East London NHS Foundation Trust.